PACKING LIST - WHAT TO BRING

If you have comments about your trip, this might be a good place to put them out in the public. You must be registered to post, but anyone is welcome to browse. Anything that you don't want public should be posted to the Member's Only Trip Reports section instead.

PACKING LIST - WHAT TO BRING

Postby magnum » Mon May 09, 2016 5:35 pm

It was asked somewhere what should guests bring. FOR ME AND THE VILLA ..Bring us two nice beach TOWELS. They are hard to come by here on the island . ThankX
magnum
Management
Management

Re: PACKING LIST - WHAT TO BRING

Postby GreenMan » Tue May 10, 2016 11:06 am

For those who have a Costco nearby, They have the absolute best Beach Towels going and very reasonable on price.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
GreenMan
Past Guest
Past Guest

Postby Profman69 » Tue May 10, 2016 7:30 pm

Good call Greenman. I didn't have enough time to hit a Costco so had to get a couple at Target, but I got em! Less than 24 hours!

Profman...PARDEE On!
"Never go with a hippie to a second location...." Jack Donaghy

Next trip status - unknown (but working hard to make it happen)
Profman69
Past Guest
Past Guest

Trips To The Villa: 2

Postby rtravis1979 » Wed May 11, 2016 10:13 am

Bought a couple of shot glasses a couple of months back, I know you can always use more, I'll be bringing them down on my next trip... Have a good birthday month everyone, don't break all the lovely ladies before I get make my next trip down guys... Free time is at a bare minimum for me especially at this time of the year, and with this many assholes not wanting to back out of the race... Busy next couple of months for me(kill me now).... :(
Stay Classy Gentlemen!!!

rtravis1979
Past Guest
Past Guest

Trips To The Villa: 3

Postby bomba » Sat May 21, 2016 8:49 am

If you are bringing shot glasses, make sure they are unbreakable.
I cannot tell you how many "glass" shot glasses we have lost and I am sure you can imagine why.
So make them some polycarbonate or other type that will not break.
I found some on amazon that are unbreakable and look exactly like the glass type, 1.5 ounces... they are perfect. Especially for doing naked body shots by the pool... don't want any broken glass in the pool, that would be bad!!!
Not the cheapest but they are the best. If several people each brought four, we would have a great stock of shot glasses. It's a shame sometimes when you have 3 or 4 guests and 12 girls but only 10 shot glasses.

http://amzn.com/B009UZJG56
bomba

Postby Nashdrummerboy » Sat May 21, 2016 3:00 pm

Going by to get the towels today...I'll add "non-glass" shot glasses to the list.
Nashdrummerboy
Past Guest
Past Guest

Trips To The Villa: 4

Postby Hotwings » Sat May 21, 2016 11:59 pm

I have the towels. Will try to find the shot glasses around Northern VA. Too late for Amazon
Number 2
Hotwings
Past Guest
Past Guest

Postby rtravis1979 » Sun May 22, 2016 2:46 am

They are the unbreakable( we'll see)ones from Amazon Bomba got them the last time you posted a link about them... BJ's has a deal on some towels so maybe I'll pick a couple of them before their all sold out as well... Hope your birthday was a blast... See you in October...
Stay Classy Gentlemen!!!

rtravis1979
Past Guest
Past Guest

Trips To The Villa: 3

Postby bomba » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:46 pm

Before the girls arrive at the Villa, they are required to go to the Salon and have their hair and nails done. They spend their own money to do this. So you can understand why some are hesitant to get their hair wet. But... I have spoken with many of them and have found a solution.
Shampoo and conditioner. When you come, bring some good quality shampoo and conditioner. It is not necessary to give one to each girl, two large bottles of each and they can be shared amongst the girls. Coordinate amongst you guys coming here so that everyone doesn't bring two bottles of each. But if we end up with too much, I can stock it away so that it is not wasted.
Sometimes one of the girls will bring her own blow dryer, but if someone is feeling generous. It would be nice to have one to keep here in the Villa. And I will make sure it stays here!!
bomba

Postby Profman69 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:10 pm

Bomba, that's a great idea and way to breakthrough something that I have always wanted to get some movement on. It would be very fun to get more girls into the pool and shower without worrying about wet hair. I imagine some will still have issues since the will have to redo their hair a time or two during the day.

Blow dryers are relatively cheap and I will bring a couple down my next trip plus some nice salon quality shampoo and conditioner for the ladies. I had another thought after reading your post but will send it to you privately.

Profman...PARDEE On!
"Never go with a hippie to a second location...." Jack Donaghy

Next trip status - unknown (but working hard to make it happen)
Profman69
Past Guest
Past Guest

Postby bomba » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:15 pm

Another idea that works, I have done it in the past, is "shower caps". You can get them for about 50 cents a piece. Not the most attractive but depending on the situation and the timing, it is an option and they usually won't stay on for long. Most are hesitant to get their hair wet but will glady go into the pool if in their mind their hair is protected by a shower cap. Usually after a short time in the pool, the girls start trying to get each others hair wet, splashing wildly. Then you end up with all the girls having wet hair, at that point they don't care anymore and you get that wild pool party you wanted without having to be the blame for their wet hair. Then afterwards break out the Shampoo and conditioner and you are the hero to save the day!
bomba

Postby MrGrizBear » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:57 pm

Yes. Shower Caps ... really cheap in bulk via Amazon also. (less than $4 total for 100 count)

Another "tip" if you happen to already have an Amazon.com account ... create a "Wish List" for the villa ... and as you think of ideas, or see new ones mentioned ... find the item on Amazon and add it to your Villa Wish List ... then a few weeks before your next trip, you can review the list and order what you'd like to bring down that time.
Griz (aka: el Oso) 8)

"There are 2 theories to arguing with a woman ... neither works". - Will Rogers

Last Vacation at the Villa: Sunday, September 6th thru Tuesday, September 15th, 2015
MrGrizBear
Past Guest
Past Guest

Trips To The Villa: 11

Return to Vacation Comments