September is "Pirate Month 2015" ... aarrggh matey!

If you have comments about your trip, this might be a good place to put them out in the public. You must be registered to post, but anyone is welcome to browse. Anything that you don't want public should be posted to the Member's Only Trip Reports section instead.

September is "Pirate Month 2015" ... aarrggh matey!

Postby MrGrizBear » Sat May 23, 2015 11:02 pm

Well the "Upcoming Events" section of the website has been updated for the 2nd half of 2015 ... and September is now officially Pirates MONTH!
Apparently last year's Pirates Week started with Labor Day weekend and was so successful that the whole month filled up to welcome all the guests. So this year they are just defaulting and declaring the entire month be one for Pirates!
September is also a great time to travel and be at the villas:
1. Most "family" travelers are done with their travel and back home as the kids start the new school year, so less amateur travelers to bother you thru your travel to the DR. :lol:
2. The weather in the DR is GREAT in September ... not too hot or humid, but still plenty warm for late night pool parties! :wink:
3. And Indiana ALWAYS brings in her best chicas when "el Oso" comes to visit (okay she does that for every guest ... but don't burst my bubble and let this old guy dream about being special) :shock:
Yes, I'll be there again for a ten day visit Sun Sep 6 thru Tue Sep 15 ... who else will be joining in on the adventure?
My countdown clock is slowly progressing towards my arrival ... as of now, just 105 days or 15 weeks .. tic-toc, tic-toc ... DOH!
Griz (aka: el Oso) 8)

"There are 2 theories to arguing with a woman ... neither works". - Will Rogers

Last Vacation at the Villa: Sunday, September 6th thru Tuesday, September 15th, 2015
MrGrizBear
Past Guest
Past Guest

Trips To The Villa: 11

Re: September is "Pirate Month 2015" ... aarrggh matey!

Postby Erizo » Mon May 25, 2015 12:16 pm

Hey Griz,

I'll be making my second trip in Sept 3 out Sept 7. Look forward to meeting you - Erizo
El Erizo

Begin, be bold and venture to be wise - Horace
Erizo
Past Guest
Past Guest

Trips To The Villa: 1

Postby magnum » Wed May 27, 2015 5:04 pm

For the first week of September I know that Oso Panda (Neal) made a reservation. But has not paid the deposit yet.

I need to post for him, because in 10 years coming to the villas (he started in Margarita Island 2005) he has NEVER posted on the board. Not once !
magnum
Management
Management

Postby Thumper » Thu May 28, 2015 11:35 am

You would think after 10 yrs he would have something to good say or a story to share... especially if he keeps coming back
Thumper

Postby MrGrizBear » Sat May 30, 2015 2:13 am

Panda is a man of few written words ... that is true ... but clearly, returning over and over again over a 10 year period should speak volumes to anyone paying attention. :wink:
Our paths have crossed a few times over the years ... and he's always one of the great guests to share vacation time with. I look forward to that happening again during Pirates week.
Now if that countdown clock could just find a way to speed up (LOL!)

Last Vacation at the Villa: Sunday, September 6th thru Tuesday, September 15th, 2015
MrGrizBear
Past Guest
Past Guest

Postby MrGrizBear » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:42 pm

OK ... seven weeks until my next trip ... :D

Great time to be there ... and if you aren't already planning to go ... now's a great time to make a reservation to be there ... if there is still room. Email Magnum if you are interested.

To Erizo, Panda & Profman ... I'll see you there!

MrGrizBear
Past Guest
Past Guest

Postby Profman69 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:32 am

50 days and counting.

Most of my trip prep is done, all that's left is the waiting. Oddly enough, I have hit a place where its harder for me to fantasize about it the closer it gets. That makes the days seem to drag on a bit. For a few weeks they flew by and now.... visualize the heat waves coming off the desert floor, your vision hazy as the air beyond shimmers while you contemplate having to cross what looks to be an immensely difficult journey.... okay, maybe that's a bit much :lol:

IN all seriousness, getting ready for this first time has been really interesting. Maybe not thinking about it so much for the next 40 or so days until the real prep for actual departure begins will be good for me. I want every moment to be fresh from the second the wheels touch down at POP.

See you in September Griz.
"Never go with a hippie to a second location...." Jack Donaghy

Next trip status - unknown (but working hard to make it happen)
Profman69
Past Guest
Past Guest

Trips To The Villa: 2

Postby MrGrizBear » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:16 pm

Yo ho yo ho .. Pirates Month has begun!!!
September has arrived and in just a few short days ... so will I :lol:
Soooooo ready for a vacation and visit to the villa!

MrGrizBear
Past Guest
Past Guest

Postby Profman69 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:22 pm

Holy Black Sails!!! I just realized in am now only 7 days from the beginning of the best vacation of a life time! And to think I will be able to do it again......

So fired up it is pirate month at the Villa! I have been walking around in a stoop lately just to hide my "enthusiasm" as I struggle to stay focused on my day. Aaarrrrgghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

See you in about a week Griz!
"Never go with a hippie to a second location...." Jack Donaghy

Next trip status - unknown (but working hard to make it happen)
Profman69
Past Guest
Past Guest

Trips To The Villa: 2

Postby bomba » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:00 am

Look forward to seeing you Profman69..
We'll can see if we can get the girls to eat some bananas!!
bomba

Return to Vacation Comments