Pirate Weeks 2014 ... Aug 25 - Sep 10

If you have comments about your trip, this might be a good place to put them out in the public. You must be registered to post, but anyone is welcome to browse. Anything that you don't want public should be posted to the Member's Only Trip Reports section instead.

Pirate Weeks 2014 ... Aug 25 - Sep 10

Postby MrGrizBear » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:52 pm

Thought it might help, especially for the newbies who will be visiting, to open this post for those of us who will be at Pirates Week 2014 in the upcoming coming weeks.

From what I've read on posts so far ...
Senior Swanky is there ... Mon Aug 25 thru Sun Aug 31
GrandeJ is there ... Thu Aug 28 thru Thu Sep 4
Griz is there ... Mon Sep 1 thru Wed Sep 10
Stuby is there ... Tue Sep 2 thru Sun Sep 7
And not sure of the dates for Stevie ... (care to share your dates?)
Anyone else ???

So looks like no more than 4 present at any one time ... and it would appear that way for just three days (Tue Sep 2 thru Thu Sep 4)
Which leads me to think that (unless it conflicts with Stevie's schedule) ... that Wed Sep 3 would be a great time for a big villa "pirate" event ... like BBQ ... Bon-Fire ... etc. All of which can happen at any time, just thought doing it also on a day when the most guests are present was a good idea also.

Some good posts to read for the newbies ...
Possible extra expenses ... viewtopic.php?f=1&t=913
Tips for New Guests ... viewforum.php?f=28

Here's another site I like to check leading into my trips this time of year ...
My Fox Hurricane ... http://www.myfoxhurricane.com/
Haven't been stopped by one yet, the year Sandy hit New Jersey/New York ... I flew into Miami just ahead of Sandy passing off coast to the east ... heavy rain and wind while I slept ... went past Miami overnight as it headed north and I flew into POP the next day. No delays. No problems. In fact, one "nice" after effect, was that Sandy took most of the humidity with her north. The first fours days in the DR on that trip were the driest and clearest skies I've ever seen there.

So ... my fellow Pirates ... as we prepare to gather ... what questions or thoughts do you have??? Arrrggh!
Any excursion questions? Questions about other activities? Questions about expectations?
Griz (aka: el Oso) 8)

"There are 2 theories to arguing with a woman ... neither works". - Will Rogers

Last Vacation at the Villa: Sunday, September 6th thru Tuesday, September 15th, 2015
MrGrizBear
Past Guest
Past Guest

Trips To The Villa: 11

Re: Pirate Weeks 2014 ... Aug 25 - Sep 10

Postby GRANDEJ » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:36 pm

No questions, just looking forward to meeting all of you.
This is an awesome place and interesting to see how Pirates Week goes.
Never been at MWV with a group.
Newbies…you are going to love it.
Griz sounds the most experienced, so he'd be the one to ask, if you have questions.
GRANDEJ
Past Guest
Past Guest

Postby senorswanky » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:24 am

Magnum told me Steve will be there Aug 27 to Sept 7.
Last edited by senorswanky on Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Señor Swanky

Time to my first pardee!!

senorswanky
Past Guest
Past Guest

Trips To The Villa: 6

Postby Stuby23 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:20 am

Alright Mr Griz I have a question about some other activities for everyone. How do you guys feel about an inflatable beer pong table? I was recently told of this and was thinking it would be a great idea to take one to the "Villa". Who's up for a couple games with the Chicas on pirates week?
Stuby23
Past Guest
Past Guest

Postby MrGrizBear » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:38 am

Stuby23 ... since you asked ... my 2 cents on the subject is ... bring along whatever you think you will enjoy on YOUR vacation. If it's something to share with the chicas in the privacy of your room, great. If it's something to share with everyone, that's great also. If you think it's something you want to do ... then go for it. :D

Last Vacation at the Villa: Sunday, September 6th thru Tuesday, September 15th, 2015
MrGrizBear
Past Guest
Past Guest

Postby magnum » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:58 am

Stuby. Any kind of pool floats are always welcome. They get so much use here that it is difficult to keep them here. So bring them.

As far as number of guests ? This has "morphed" into something larger than we anticipated.

Guests ( BSDs ) that are coming during these two weeks . No weenies. . Present will be:

Senior Swankey, Stevie B, Grande , Griz, Stuby, Pete, Hey J, Mikey B, and Eric.

Northern Man and Scotty could not make it happen. They will miss a good time.
magnum
Management
Management

Postby magnum » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:09 am

Speaking of pool toys. We had ( for a long time) a smaller than regulation basketball back board and hoop. It was always popular mounted on
the "bridge" over the pool. The girls loved it. We had some great basket ball games in the pool. Shirts and skins . And for some reason the girls
were always the skins (topless). Ball is not necessary. We can use a volleyball.

I know this sounds like a tall order to find a backboard that will (unassembled) fit into a large suitcase. But we did it before. No hardware needed. Just backboard.

I would have already replaced it but I can not find another one HERE on the island. Someone broke the other one with a massive dunk.
magnum
Management
Management

Postby Stuby23 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:43 am

Well Magnum I will definitely be bringing the inflatable beer pong table along. Can't fit the backboard sorry.. Hopefully someone can, I saw one on amazon dims are 44"x27" for $62. :D Can't wait to meet everyone. 2 Weeks away now!!! :mrgreen:
Stuby23
Past Guest
Past Guest

Postby GRANDEJ » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Olly Smolly there's going to be quite the crew:
One on Aug 26
Another on Aug 27
Me on Aug 28
Another on Aug 29
Griz on Sept 1
Another on Sept 2
Another on Sept 4
Another on Sept 6
Another on Sept 8
Another on Sept 8

I'm leaving the 4th so won't meet the last three.
Wow…It's going to be a blast!
Griz…you're staying 2 weeks. I'm going to be at MWV for a week and I'm thinking I'm going to be needing ambulance service to the airport.
GRANDEJ
Past Guest
Past Guest

Postby senorswanky » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:02 pm

Oh boy... the only thing that makes me happier to see that counter roll over to less than 24 hours to my first pardee, will be my first pardee (actually, I will have a smile on my face as soon as I hear that cheesy band that welcomes you to DR at the airport). Jesus man, I am ready for this.
Señor Swanky

senorswanky
Past Guest
Past Guest

Postby MrGrizBear » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:27 pm

This fun "week" ... to celebrate the end of summer ... that we are calling "Pirate's Week" sure has gone WILD. If you now take days of everyone who will be present for all or part of the original "Pirate's Week" dates ... this one week event now covers three full weeks, and the use of two beach front villas!!! And it all starts to kick-off on Mon Aug 25 when Senior Swanky arrives!!!

WOW! This new "tradition" at the end of summer could end up rivaling "Halloween" celebrations when all is said and done! YEAH BABY!!

And note to GrandeJ ... I'll be there for 10 days (Sep 1-10) ... I've done the ten day bit several times ... not sure I would survive two full weeks!!! Ten has been my personal max ... and makes for one great trip! Especially since I need two days to get there and two more to get home.

Counting down ... looking forward to joining the party when I arrive!

MrGrizBear
Past Guest
Past Guest

Postby senorswanky » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:10 pm

Hell yeah. I plan to kick it off with a bang (or two... or three).
Señor Swanky

senorswanky
Past Guest
Past Guest

Postby GRANDEJ » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:59 pm

Tomorrow I get up at 2 am CDT and will arrive at POP in the early afternoon on Thursday.
Like Senorswanky…I am so ready for this.
I usually stay 4 or 5 nights. 7 nights is going to be an adventure in awesomeness!
Not sure I could do 10 days like Griz, but it seems a worthwhile challenge…some time.
Looking forward to meeting everyone.
This time tomorrow I hope to be having a pardee.
Awesome!!!
GRANDEJ
Past Guest
Past Guest

Postby MrGrizBear » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:36 am

"Yo ho, yo ho, the pirate's life for me!"

Tic-toc, tic-toc why does the countdown clock seem to slow down as it gets closer to the arrival time?

Time to finish running errands and to pack the last of the gear, and to try and get a little sleep in ... the driver will be here at 3:30AM Sunday morning for day 1 of my travels. Day 1 destination - Miami. And then Day 2 - arrival at the villas!

Argh. :wink:

MrGrizBear
Past Guest
Past Guest

Postby Stuby23 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:23 am

Right there with you Griz this countdown seems endless. Can't wait to see the Villa and meet everyone and the Chicas. One day away and seems like the day just won't end. :mrgreen:
Stuby23
Past Guest
Past Guest

Next

Return to Vacation Comments