Announcing ... PIRATES WEEK (Aug 30-Sep 6) ...

If you have comments about your trip, this might be a good place to put them out in the public. You must be registered to post, but anyone is welcome to browse. Anything that you don't want public should be posted to the Member's Only Trip Reports section instead.

Announcing ... PIRATES WEEK (Aug 30-Sep 6) ...

Postby MrGrizBear » Thu May 15, 2014 5:24 pm

Ok. Yes, I just made that up. However …
  • January, February and March are “Get Away from the Cold” months; with New Year’s and the Super Bowl thrown-in.
  • April is “Spring Break” month.
  • May, for those not in the know, has become “Birthdays” month … since me, Bomba and several others created that tradition.
  • June is the Start of Summer, plus World Cup weeks this year.
  • July & August are “Hot Summer Nights” months.
  • October is of course “Halloween”.
  • November is of course “Thanksgiving”.
  • And December, “Christmas” / New Year’s.
But what of September? When summer vacations fade and schools go back in session. This is actually my favorite time to travel, so I thought I’d start another new tradition … “End of Summer Celebration” the first half of September. So before the northern temps and winter chills kick in at home … why not have one more hot and sexy celebration of all things that make summer great?

As for me … I am anticipating arrival on Monday, September 1st (US Labor Day Holiday). Who else wants to join me? (more guests = more chicas!)

Everyone* is welcome of course … West Coast Crew … Canadian Beaver Hunters … Texans … Military Vets … Europeans … those with Southern drawls … newbies … heck even those from New York City! :wink: If we can get at least 4 guests … that’ll mean 12 or more chicas!

I wish I could be there right now, but can’t, so instead will have to wait a few more months until September. Are you already planning to be there? Who else wants to participate in starting this “new” Villa tradition?

(PS-Thomas, I hope this idea is okay with you … DOH! :shock: )
Last edited by MrGrizBear on Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Griz (aka: el Oso) 8)

"There are 2 theories to arguing with a woman ... neither works". - Will Rogers

Last Vacation at the Villa: Sunday, September 6th thru Tuesday, September 15th, 2015
MrGrizBear
Past Guest
Past Guest

Trips To The Villa: 11

Re: Announcing the first annual “End of Summer Celebration”

Postby MrGrizBear » Wed May 28, 2014 2:15 am

Rumor has it ... that this new "tradition" is gaining momentum ... several guests are starting to ask Magnum about making reservations ...
And Magnum is starting to make plans to really make kick off this new tradition in style ...
I'm not going to presume it will be a Halloween level event ... but it's starting to sound like it will be a pretty amazing time, worthy of repeating each year! :wink:
Just sayin' ... you may not want to miss being a part of this first time event ...

Last Vacation at the Villa: Sunday, September 6th thru Tuesday, September 15th, 2015
MrGrizBear
Past Guest
Past Guest

Postby magnum » Thu May 29, 2014 9:24 am

Griz,

Thanks for the feed back. Since we have not done any promotion yet or announced a special events calendar it has not gotten traction YET.

But it will. We are still in a month that is not heavy on MAKING reservations. In another month people start to think about fall and winter vacations.

We will announce some special events and also some promotional discounts for September. It's coming.........
magnum
Management
Management

Postby MrGrizBear » Fri May 30, 2014 12:26 am

Well I guess my "RUMOR SOURCE" was not very reliable ... I guess this means that the other “rumor” … a water slide being installed at the Pirates Grotto from the Crow’s Nest down to the Pool ... is also a BAD RUMOR. DOH!
I guess I’ll just have to find better sources for info … or just learn to wait patiently :wink:

MrGrizBear
Past Guest
Past Guest

Re: Announcing ... PIRATES WEEK (Aug 30-Sep 6) ...

Postby MrGrizBear » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:45 pm

YES! PIRATES WEEK! ... ARGH! I'll be there, will you? Yo ho yo ho the pirates life for me !!
Pirates Week 2014 - Sat Aug 30 to Fri Sep 6.
I'll be arriving Mon Sep 1 and enjoying the booty thru Wed Sep 10 8)

MrGrizBear
Past Guest
Past Guest

Re: Announcing ... PIRATES WEEK (Aug 30-Sep 6) ...

Postby magnum » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:51 am

Yes. Labor Day Week with Pirates as a theme should b a good "warm up" for the Halloween Week festivities. 5 reservations already for Halloween and two for Pirates Week so far.
magnum
Management
Management

Return to Vacation Comments